Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 - Hot Yoga

My friend convinced me to try Hot Yoga.  I've only done yoga a few times, before I was pregnant with Mason, but I really enjoyed it.  This Hot Yoga intrigued me.  They said to arrive 15 minutes before class starts to acclimatize your body to the heat, come well hydrated, and bring water to class.  Sounds serious.  Sure enough - you walk into the room and it is like a sauna.  Not just the hot temperature, but also the smell of a sauna.  We set up our mat and towel and lay down.  At this point, I start to almost panick - I really have to talk myself down, take deep breath, and consciously try not to run out of the room.  The heat is kind of clausterphobic.  I tell myself that if it gets too bad, I can step out for a breather at any time.  Then the teacher comes in, and says the one thing she doesn't want to see is us leaving the room for no good reason.  Eek.  In the end, I LOVE the class.  This heat is genius - your muscles stretch much more easily, and I figure there's probably less injury.  I might possibly add this as a weekly activity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment